Sitting on massive 125,326 sqft of land size, Kopar at Newton have done a bold move to attribute 70% of land to communal facilities, with just 2 towers taking up the remaining 30%. Given the GFA, developer is also chose to build just 378 units instead of max 438 units.
The Stella – clubhouse is definitely a eye watering feature in Kopar at Newton. At 38m long and 8m tall, it certainty look voluminous with 8,000 crystal and copper teardrops chandelier suspending in middle of the clubhouse.
When developer bought the site at $418.8 million, equivalent to $1,192 psf ppr.Their estimated break-even price will be in the range of $1700 PSF. Not surprised the developer is launching Kopar at Newton from $2100 PSF. Let analyse the price of Kopar at Newton is value at fair market value.
As Kopar at Newton is located at Newton even though it is coveted the prized district 09, it is fair to gauge the price base on newton area to see if is overpriced?
Amaryllis Ville is TOP in 2004. Currently a 16 yrs old leasehold development in newton. It have fairly good land size of 132,742 sqft. As recent transactions shown, the units 1,2 & 3brm were sold at 1mil, 1.55mil and 2.005mil respectively. This is inline with the developer for pricing Kopar at Newton sensitive to the resale market price trend.
Orchard Scotts TOP in 2007 and is 13yrs old development now. This development built by Far East have one exclusive tower as its service apartment usage. It only comprise of 2 to 4brm range with large floorplate. From latest transactions, 2Brm sold at 1.65mil and 4brm sold at 3.2mil to 3.6mil. Kopar at Newton pricing are also below their transacted prices.
Rochelle at Newton is a 7yrs old development with leasehold tenure as well. Its transactions are fairly close to Kopar at Newton with bigger floorplate. However, take a closer at the layout of Rochelle. They were built with spacious balcony and bay windows surrounding the unit. The layouts were compromised in the days which balconies and bay windows are not count as gross floor area hence the reason why the units come with big outdoor space.
Enbloc price: $1626 PSF PPR which resulted estimated breakeven cost $2126 PSF. Potentially selling price at $2500 PSF. Kopar at Newton current selling price is $2300 PSF which already close to the breakeven price of the site next door. Depending on situation, Bukit Sembawang may hold the site to launch when Kopar is almost fully sold or the current sentiment improve after COVID 19.
Our Take for Kopar @ Newton
With Food centre and MRT just next door, no doubt Kopar have most convenience in CCR. And the developer CEL have crafted Kopar so impressive that every buyer can dream of. Especially the 38m long and 8m tall clubhouse is indeed the talking point whenever visitor step into Kopar at Newton.
We will recommend the 1 bedroom type as the supply of smaller units are very limited in the traditionally dominated by larger unit in Newton.
The Pros and Cons:
You might like Kopar if you:
- Enjoy the low density of the development with 70% communal space
- Certainty fit up to its bill of luxury when it come to Kopar at Newton. Top notch interior furnishing, massive structures to impress
You might not like Kopar if you:
- As Kopar is close to the Newton cross junction and MRT, it might not suitable for people looking for serene and quiet surroundings.